The City of Tekoa Mayor is the chief administrator. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all departments and day-to-day operations
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by the council
- Ensuring that all projects, procedures, and functions within the local government & community operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Mayor also works to develop the annual budget, works with other regional mayors, and performs other duties and responsibilities assigned to the mayor by the State of Washington. The Mayor also works closely with city employees to make sure the day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently.